IBM have today announced the release of DB2 9.7 (aka Cobra) for Linux, Unix and Windows and InfoSphere Warehouse 9.7
New development capabilities in DB2 9.7 make it easier to move applications developed for other databases to the IBM platform.
Other benefits include:
- Lower storage costs with data compression enhancements.
- Lower XML data management and analysis costs with end-to-end native XML support for transactional and analytical systems.
- Lower database administration costs with additional automation features and enhanced workload management capabilities.
- Lower database development costs with the addition of database package support, the addition of several built-in packages, flexible concurrency model support, flexible data typing with implicit casting, and more.
- Lower costs for deploying departmental analytic solutions with new InfoSphere Warehouse editions for departmental solutions
Triton Consulting have been involved in the early access program and have been running R&D on the software – keep an eye on the blog for updates.