A forthcoming date for your diary that you won’t want to miss! On Friday 15th December, Mark Gillis, IBM Champion and Principal Consultant at Triton Consulting will be the guest presenter once again on DBI Software’s DB2Night Show.
Based on his popular IDUG Lisbon DB2 technical session Mark will be presenting Episode #200: DB2 11 Performance: BLU Hits and Misses.
During the show Mark will examine some ‘real’ workloads and a comparison between 10.5 and 11.1 on the processing done ‘under the covers’. Mark will also look at some of the inevitable gotchas and pitfalls.
- Provide a brief overview of BLU columnar technology
- Present examples of workload performance in V10.5
- Explore the benefits of V11.1 for your workload
- Produce examples of where the BLU savings are
- Gotchas: Where you might not find the advertised benefits